LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Australia has recorded 712 new native infections throughout NSW, Victoria, the ACT and Queensland.
* The lockdown in Better Sydney has been prolonged by one other month till September 30 and difficult new restrictions have been launched in 12 native authorities areas of concern together with a 9pm to 5am curfew.
* NSW recorded 644 COVID-19 infections on Friday and there have been 4 new deaths.
* Masks shall be mandated always – indoors and outdoor – throughout NSW from Monday.
* NSW police will launch a ‘extremely seen’ police operation forward of this weekend’s deliberate anti-lockdown protest, the alleged organiser of which has been arrested and charged with breaching public well being orders.
* Victoria recorded 55 new native circumstances, 30 of which have been in the neighborhood whereas infectious.
* Victorian premier Daniel Andrews has not dominated out a tough lockdown within the state’s areas after a brand new an infection was recorded in Shepparton.
* The ACT’s coronavirus outbreak has grown to 94 circumstances after 12 new infections have been reported, with 43 per cent in kids and 46 per cent in folks aged between 18 and 44.
* Queensland recorded one historic case of COVID-19. The state’s Chief Well being Officer Jeanette Younger flagged all kids aged 12 to fifteen will quickly be eligible for vaccination.
* South Australia has doubled the variety of folks allowed at residence gatherings to twenty and eased some COVID-19 border restrictions, making it simpler for folks to journey from Queensland and the Northern Territory.
* The lockdown within the Northern Territory city of Katherine ended as deliberate after no new COVID-19 circumstances linked to an contaminated US defence contractor have been discovered.
* One COVID-19 case was recorded in WA, in lodge quarantine, and 86,000 folks aged 16 to 29 within the state have now booked in for a jab because the state expanded its vaccination program.
* Well being Minister Greg Hunt introduced on Friday the provisional approval of GlaxoSmithKline’s sotrovimab, a remedy for sufferers hospitalised with COVID-19 infections.
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison urged his state and territory counterparts to stay to the plan to carry restrictions as soon as 70 and 80 per cent of individuals are absolutely immunised.
* The Therapeutic Items Administration is contemplating approving the Pfizer vaccine for all kids aged 12 to fifteen.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 16,504,574 doses administered within the nationwide COVID-19 vaccination rollout as much as Thursday, together with 303,304 within the earlier 24 hours.
* Of the whole, 9,666,038 have been administered by the Commonwealth (a rise of +189,293 within the earlier 24 hours).
* 8,972,838 have been issued in major care (+179,189) and 693,200 in aged and incapacity amenities (+10,104).
* 6,838,536 have been administered by the states and territories, together with 114,011 within the earlier 24 hours.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 712 native circumstances: 644 in NSW, 55 in Victoria, 12 within the ACT and one in Queensland.
* 5 overseas-acquired circumstances have been reported in lodge quarantine: two in NSW, two in Victoria and one in WA.
* The nationwide demise toll is 975: Victoria 820, NSW 117, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included within the official tolls of each states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Circumstances: no less than 209,963,660
* Deaths: no less than 4,403,038
* Vaccine doses administered: no less than 4,824,735,721
Information present as at 1600 AEST on August 20, taking in federal and state/territory authorities updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Useful resource Centre figures.
#Newest #snapshot #coronavirus #impression
Supply by [earlynews24n-66191d.ingress-comporellon.easywp.com]