Sixteen Auckland GP clinics will see pressing care instances without cost with a purpose to assist ease the stress on Middlemore Hospital.
The medical director of the hospital’s emergency division (ED), Vanessa Thornton, mentioned in a single day it had 187 sufferers in contrast with between its regular 95 to 120, and she or he didn’t count on the scenario to enhance.
“With Easter on the finish of the week, we’ll see some discharges from the hospital however subsequent week, when individuals are again from vacation, they’ll current in massive numbers on the ED once more.”
As a response, clinics in east and South Auckland can be made accessible without cost pressing care consultations.
“The session payment waiver applies to CM [Counties Manukau] Well being residents – registered, informal or guests, at any time of the day, for each in-clinic and offline sufferers for the subsequent seven days – who’re applicable to be seen for pressing care,” Thornton mentioned.
“The payment waiver consists of displays for medical consultations, ACC co-payments, and repeat prescriptions nevertheless, charges exterior the session can nonetheless be charged by the clinic.”
She mentioned the group ought to proceed to remember the fact that the hospital ED ought to be stored free for accidents and emergencies.
“The impacts of getting sufferers come to ED whose situations may very well be handled at pressing or afterhours care clinics are having an impact on the sufferers who really want our assist.
“This new initiative will allow our group to raised discover essentially the most applicable place to get the suitable care for his or her situation.”
The clinics are open from in the present day till Easter Monday.
Clinics and opening hours:
- Native Docs East Tāmaki 275 East Tāmaki Highway, East Tāmaki Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm 9-1pm Saturday
- Native Docs Browns Highway 235 Browns Highway, Manurewa Monday – Sunday 8am-8pm
- Native Docs Ōtāhuhu 15-23 Station Highway, Ōtāhuhu Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
- Native Docs Chapel Highway 160 Chapel Highway, Chapel Park Monday – Thursday 8:30-5:30 Friday 9am-1pm
- Native Docs Dawson Highway 124 Dawson Highway, Chapel Downs Monday – Sunday 8am-8pm
- Native Docs Ōtara 3 Watford Avenue, Ōtara Monday – Sunday 8am-11pm
- Native Docs Ōtara Mall 120 East Tāmaki Highway, East Tāmaki Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
- Native Docs Kolmar Highway 133 Kolmar Highway, Papatoetoe Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm Saturday 9am-1pm
- Native Docs Dannemora 1 Redcastle Drive, Dannemora Monday – Friday 8am-6pm Saturday 8am-2pm
- Native Docs Botany South 455 East Tamaki Highway, East Tamaki Monday – Thursday 8:30-5:30 Friday 9am-2pm
- Native Docs Airport Oaks 149A Kirkbride Highway, Airport Oaks Tuesday- Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
- Native Docs Māngere 12A Waddon Place, Māngere City Centre Monday – Sunday 8am-8pm
- Native Docs Māngere Bridge 41 Coronation Highway, Māngere Bridge Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
- Native Docs Māngere East 7b/359 Massey Highway, Māngere East Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm Saturday 9am-1pm
- Native Docs Clendon 459 Roscommon Highway, Clendon Purchasing Mall Monday – Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
- White Cross Ōtāhuhu 15 Station Highway, Ōtāhuhu Monday – Sunday 8am-8pm