After spending time within the pool at Kelowna’s Consolation Suites, Melissa Kennedy stated her child developed a extreme rash.
The Revelstoke household had travelled to town as a result of their canine wanted surgical procedure. Nonetheless, after splashing round within the water on Monday, Kennedy stated her six-month-old daughter Jolene turned unusually fussy.
The following morning, Kennedy stated she found her daughter was lined in a head-to-toe rash.
“It was pink, it was swollen, it appeared like a blanket — it didn’t even seem like pores and skin,” Kennedy stated.
“It virtually appeared like welts.”
The mom stated she then seen that her personal chest and torso have been additionally lined in a rash.
“My bathing swimsuit was nonetheless within the toilet, and I appeared down and it had like massive bleach spots on it,” she stated.
The mom stated her frustration grew when she referred to as right down to the entrance desk.
“She ended up hanging up on me,” Kennedy stated.
She then walked down to indicate the entrance desk her bleached bathing swimsuit and her child’s rash.
“They wouldn’t even look. They have been similar to, ‘Nope, it’s monitored every single day, there’s no means that this might occur, and simply utterly dismissed me,’” Kennedy stated.
“They didn’t need to go and take a look at the water.”
Kennedy stated she spent the day in tears and took her screaming child to see the physician.
“In addition they agreed that it appeared prefer it was a chemical rash,” Kennedy stated.
The mom believes the lodge may need cranked up the chlorine used within the pool due to COVID-19.
“I do know that there’s a variety of motels that aren’t operating their swimming pools and scorching tubs proper now,” Kennedy stated. “I questioned in the event that they double-dosed it as a result of they don’t need that legal responsibility, possibly?”
In an e mail to Kennedy, Kelowna’s Consolation Suites stated that it does examine its pool and scorching tub readings every day.
“Our mechanical programs have been operating as they need to,” common supervisor Carla Carlson stated.
The lodge had not acquired another issues concerning the pool, she added.
Nonetheless, Inside Well being stated it did a pool inspection on Friday.
“The operator voluntarily closed the recent tub attributable to elevated movement charges,” the well being authority stated in an e mail.
“Recorded chlorine ranges from the inspection and up to date information for the recent tub and pool have been excessive attributable to pool chemistry adjustment to fulfill the opposite necessities.”
The well being area additionally stated chlorine ranges have since been adjusted to appropriate elevated chlorine within the pool.
“Inside Well being will comply with up on inspection reviews to make sure compliance has been achieved.”
Consolation Suites declined an interview, however confirmed with World Information that Inside Well being carried out an on-site inspection.
“We now have strict requirements that both meet or exceed public well being division and security laws because the well being and security of our visitors is all the time a high precedence,” Carlson wrote.
It’s been 4 days because the household was within the pool, however Kennedy stated Jolene remains to be uncomfortable carrying garments or being held.
“Whenever you choose her up, it’s mainly like hanging onto sheets of sandpaper,” she stated.
Kennedy stated she feels the lodge ought to have instantly closed the pool and investigated.
© 2021 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.